As an expanding organisation with an unstoppable ambition to prove just how far people with learning disabilities can go in terms of living their dreams, we regularly have opportunities for people to get involved in different capacities. If you share this belief, and are energised by the thought of being part of making this happen, we might have just the right opportunity for you. But we understand that there are so many great causes and possible opportunities so...
HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT WE ARE RIGHT FOR YOU?
We believe that we do something really special and in a very special way. Symbol is all about people. When we get it right, magic happens for everyone involved! If any of the following words or phrases resonate with you, we might be just the organisation that you are looking for!
WORK FOR US
We expect a lot from our staff, because those who use our support deserve the very best. In return we promise to give you both what you need to do a great job and to love it at the same time. This will include:
- A thorough induction and ongoing development opportunities to ensure you have the skills you need.
- Regular supervisions and annual appraisals to support you in your role.
- Opportunities to develop your career and try new roles as they emerge.
- Competitive pay, holiday and other conditions.
- A sense of real purpose by playing your part in an organisation that works with people to deliver the real and positive changes they seek.
- A chance to work in a strong and supportive team – we know this is vital and we work hard to foster great teamwork.
Please click here to explore any current job vacancies.
Equally you might want to consider other potential future opportunities. In which case, please click here to learn more about the different things that we do. You might see something that you would love to be part of should a job vacancy arise. Remember too that there are jobs behind the scenes to keep this vital work up and running in finance and administration and more. If we don’t have the right vacancy now, but you are interested in working for us, why not contact us to let us know and we will notify you in the future if a role is being advertised in your area of interest.
VOLUNTEER FOR US
You might feel that you would like to get involved by volunteering in one way or another. Volunteering is also a great way to learn about social care and can potentially provide vital experience leading to job opportunities if this is what you are after. There are lots of potential volunteering opportunities such as:
- Sharing one of your hobbies with someone who likes it too e.g. going swimming, attending a 'knit and natter' group, playing music or going to films etc. by offering some regular time with our Hop Yard Day Services or with someone living in a Supported Living house. You can even volunteer to work on one of our holiday clubs or camps.
- Helping out in the Hop, Stich & Jumper shop or in the Hopshed Theatre Company
- Helping to fundraise for vital activities
If you have got time to spare and some interests and/or skills that you would love to share, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org expressing your interest in volunteering. Somebody will contact you to explore how you might best get involved. There's always plenty of great opportunities!
We are hugely grateful to people who support us by donating good quality materials for us to sell in our Hop, Stich & Jumper shop or money to support vital projects such as the Hopshed Theatre Company. You may not be long on time, but you can still play a pivotal role in the life of Symbol by donating.
TO FIND OUT MORE:
If you would like to find out more about working, volunteering or donating in any way we would love to hear from you:
Telephone: 01622 859216